Friday 3 June 2016

Lo3: Task 4 - Evidence of Carrying out a specific role for a chosen media production

My Contribution to a production


Roles and Responsibilities


For the production of our Unit 46 music video I took the role as lead editor as I had the most experience with video making out of everyone in the group. This meant I was in charge in creating the majority of the final edit.

Contribution to media product


Being lead editor meant that I had to make sure everyone's contribution to the editing process was consistent with the artistic vision of the production. We went through all the footage and created shot logs and edit decision lists to make sure that we had enough clips that were good enough for the final edit.


As my team was such a small team, I was also appointed as Director of the project which meant that I had artistic control. Because of this I decided to create the storyboard so that I could communicate to my team what shots we need for production and how everything is going to tie together for post-production.


Here I have several screen shots of work that I contributed to the final edit of the video. I had to make sure that every single cut occurred on beat and that each shot fit the pacing of the music.




Development of skills

Performing this role helped develop my video editing skills a lot. I felt that every time I spent time editing the video I was becoming more efficient thanks to the use of hotkeys and understanding of cutting techniques. It also helped me build communication skills with my peers, who I did not know very well at the time, which allowed me to work well with the team. 

Undertaking of Additional Tasks

As well as being appointed Director and creating the storyboard I also helped with the camera work and captured the majority of the footage featured in the production.


 I made sure to put in the effort in my extra duties as I had a clear vision of what I wanted the video to look like and I wanted it to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment